Sunday, September 21, 2008

BRAVO COMPANY 1/504 PIR 1ST ANNUAL REUNION












This is Brandy and Nick Carroll. I have put together this blog spot, so those of you who made it to the reunion can add your comments and pictures and for those of you who were unable to make it, can check out the comments and pictures from the reunion.

The 1st Annual Bravo Company, 1/504 PIR, 82nd Airborne Reunion took place September 19-21, 2008, located at Smokey Bear Cabin in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee thru the wonderful company of Eden Crest Vacation Rentals and Resort. We had a 4 bedroom cabin, that housed 2 big TV's, a large sized kitchen and dinning room table, a air hockey table, pool table, gas grill, and a hot tub. And that is just to name a few things.

Here is the list of our extended family that were able to attend were:
Nick and Brandy Carroll
Chris and Marci Borba
Phil and Jessica Dentis
Mike and Ryann Campbell
John Paul Bourgeois

It was a blast! The guys got to reunite with ones that they served with, they talked about the good ole days, embarrassing moments, and talked about the future. Us girls, most of us, got to meet each other for the first time and of course listen to the guys go on and on and on about the military days. And well you could say we also got to watch the men completely embarrass themselves too. But after countless amounts of alcohol, endless amounts of wonderful good, 12 steaks, pork spare ribs, 10 hamburgers, 12 hot dogs, bags of cookies, a container of pretzels, fresh farm eggs, and really fresh bacon; 2 nights and 3 days of friendship; we ended the reunion with a wonderful breakfast at the local Bob Evans.

We also watched the horrorible Tennessee verses Flordia football game. It was not a happy day for us Tennessee fans. But in the process we all learned a new saying thanks to the wonderful, outspoken, and very funny Michael Campbell. "THEIR EATIN' EM LIKE HOT BISCUITS!" I don't think any of us will forget that moment, especially when someone had to clarify Campbell's saying to some Flordians.

However, I have to say that my most favorable memory has to be eating together at the dinner table as a family. Good food and great friends or we all should say extended family, was the best. As for Nick, he would say the entire weekend. However, he did point out one thing...Nick knocked over his towel (from the porch), and there was no stairs to go down and get it. On our way home he was telling me that he had to scale down the side of the cabin and walk down a hill to get it. But truly amazed me was when he said, "Borba went with me, and that was great. He didn't have to, he could have made fun of me, but he went with me." Of course Nick also said, "I am glad he went with me because if I would have fallen, nobody would have realized where I was until someone heard my screams." Yeah, leave it to Nick.

So overall, this was a wonderful experience. I think it was a really good thing for the guys!

I hope that you all enjoy this blog, I hope you enjoy the pictures, and I truly hope to see more of you all next year!

To contact Nick and Brandy Carroll:
865-922-0745 Home, 865-680-2997 Nick's Cell, Speedintn1@aol.com and we also have myspace and facebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Brandy!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hello Brandy!!! I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this awesome day with us!!! I am Rick Eby's mom, and he was part of your extended family. I am sure he would have loved to be a part of this reunion, but unfortunately, duty has called him for the third time to Afghanistan. He will be going back to Germany in January, and getting married here in Pa, on June 6th. I am so excited. I told him that I had talked to a few of the guys via the internet thanks to Tony and Christina, and he had a good laugh... reminiscing about some of their adventures. He really enjoyed being a part of the 504th. Let us know when you will be having another reunion. I'm sure he would love to be a part of it!!! I also want to thank each and every one of you men for all of the sacrifices you made for all of us!! Bravo for Bravo Company!! If any of you would like to contact Rick via email, he would love to hear from you! His email address is rickeby@gmail.com God bless all of you!!! Pat Eby